Thanksgiving is a time for reflecting on our good fortune and giving thanks for the many wonderful things in life we enjoy. And certainly any business owner naturally thinks of their customers. Without them, these is no business, so it's important to extend a gesture of gratitude to them in one way or another.
But this time can also be stressful for the "shopping challenged" individual, like me. While some choose to display their thankfulness in grandiose gestures and gifts during the holidays, below I've listed some creative (and free) ways to show appreciation for your customers all year long.
- Include a thoughtful gratitude statement on your invoices. Something like, "You guys are the best! Thanks so much for working with us."
- Highlight a different customer each month in your newsletter. This will help you build a community.
- Like your customer's Facebook page and posts. This gives them some great exposure.
- Comment on your customer's blog. This will encourage others to comments, and blogs with more comments are more successful.
- Retweet your customer's tweets. Again, great exposure.
- Send your customer referrals. Is there anything better than this? Methinks no.
- Have complimentary businesses? Do joint email blasts to both your databases. Win-Win.
- Do you have a special talent like music or art? Send them an original creation about them or their company. Just don't be offended if they don't display it in their lobby.
- Record a video explaining why they are such a great company. Let them post it on their YouTube channel. Just be sure to look nice.
- Express your gratitude simply and sincerely in a handwritten card. In the digital age, you can really stand out with something handwritten!
Any other ideas on how to show your customers some love on a budget? Please share in the comments below.