The evolution of marketing has quickened in the last few years, and many businesses are finally realizing they must adapt to survive and thrive. As technology and communications advance, allowing instantaneous sharing between brands and end-users, “old school” marketing tactics are quickly being becoming outdated and less effective. Below, find out if your marketing falls into “Caveman” or “Superman.”
- Almost every marketing message is “Look how awesome our product is! Buy it now! Because really, it’s that awesome.”
- You only focus on marketing to potential customers who are in the buying phase right now
- You have social media outlets, but your only topic of conversation is your company, your products, or you. You do very little engaging with others.
- You rely almost entirely on traditional marketing campaigns (mass media, direct mail, cold calling) to generate leads
- You marketing messages revolve around solving problems and providing value for the potential customer
- You focus on marketing to potential customers in the information gathering phase as well as the buying phase
- Your social media outlets focus on delivering relevant content of interest to your target audience, with only an occasional pitch for your company. You regularly engage with others.
- You incorporate a combination of traditional and web 2.0 campaigns to find and nurture prospective customers.
Anything we missed in either category? Feel free to let us know in the comments below.